Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
We offer a variety of IRAs to meet your individual needs!
- Traditional IRAs
- Roth IRAs
Which IRA is best for me? Here are few general rules:
Choose a Traditional IRA if:
- You want the tax deduction right now
- You anticipate paying taxes at a significantly lower rate in retirement
Choose a Roth IRA if:
- You don’t need the tax break right now
- You want a more flexible investment (no mandatory distributions and you can withdraw funds at any time)
Should you convert other IRAs or retirement assets to a Roth IRA? Learn more.
Rates for IRA savings accounts and IRA certificates
- IRAs may be invested in an IRA savings account or an IRA certificate1
- Deposits can be made through payroll deduction or direct deposit or in person at any of our branches
- Deposits may be made at any time
- IRAs are insured by the federal government for balances up to $250,000.
How do I open an IRA?
Give us a call or stop by any branch. We’ll be glad to help you select the account that best fits your needs and financial goals.