Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
We offer a variety of IRAs to meet your individual needs!
Which IRA is best for me?
Here are few general rules:
Choose a Traditional IRA if:
- You want the tax deduction right now
- You anticipate paying taxes at a significantly lower rate in retirement
Choose a Roth IRA if:
- You don’t need the tax break right now
- You want a more flexible investment (no mandatory distributions and you can withdraw funds at any time)
Should you convert other IRAs or retirement assets to a Roth IRA? Learn more.
Rates for IRA savings accounts and IRA certificates
- IRAs may be invested in an IRA savings account or an IRA certificate*
- Deposits can be made through payroll deduction or direct deposit or in person at any of our branches
- Deposits may be made at any time
- IRAs are insured by the federal government for balances up to $250,000.
How do I open an IRA?
Give us a call or stop by any branch. We’ll be glad to help you select the account that best fits your needs and financial goals.
*By federal law, withdrawals on traditional IRAs before age 59 1/2 have a penalty of 10% of the withdrawal amount. No penalty for withdrawals of contributions on Roth IRAs. Products are made available by Park View Federal Credit Union and Park View Advisors. Advisory services offered through Investment Advisors, a division of ProEquities, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor. Securities offered through ProEquities, Inc., a Registered Broker/Dealer and member of FINRA and SIPC. Park View Federal Credit Union and Park View Advisors are independent from ProEquities, Inc. Securities and insurance products offered are not financial institution deposits, have no financial institution guarantee, are not FDIC/NCUA insured, and may involve loss of principal.